The iPad is one cool piece of technology. The iPad 2 is even cooler. However, the need for a real keyboard is still there, especially if you are fond of your typing speed. Luckily, there’s a new breed of iPad accessories, the folio case with Bluetooth keyboard. Not only are they protective, they also solve the problem of typing on your iPad.
The Kensington KeyFolio Keyboard Accessory Case for iPad 2 is a good choice, if you want something good-looking and durable. These are the features that make this folio case with keyboard worth its price:
- The case is made from durable artificial leather
- It features a slim profile, without bulky flaps in front of keyboard
- It provides full access to all ports and controls on the iPad
- The rubberized, spill-proof keys are very responsive and they also protect the iPad screen from getting scratched when the case is closed
- The bluetooth keyboard features iPad specific keys
Materials used for the keyboard, USB connector and switches are more durable than the ones used in other no-name iPad folios, so you get much better value for your money.
The Kensington KeyFolio Keyboard Accessory Case for iPad 2 needs one Lithium Ion battery to operate. The battery is included in the pack.
Kensington takes pride in the fact that their keyboard accessory case has no magnets in it, therefore it doesn’t interfere with the iPad’s digital compass. I’m not sure it really makes a difference, but you know what they say: “it’s better to be safe than sorry”.
This keyboard folio case fits all iPad 2 models and the iPad original model. You can find it on Amazon. It qualifies for the Super Saver Shipping program.
While it is true that we are big fans of ZaggMate, if you don’t like the idea of a hard shell case, you might be better with the Kensington KeyFolio Keyboard Accessory Case.